The Admissions Process
Below you will find helpful information to guide you through the admissions process.
- Tour: The first step in the admission process is to come in for a tour and meet with the Director of Admissions, Nicolle Morgan. At this time we are offering social distancing tours on campus, as well as virtual tours and meetings via ZOOM or Google Meet.
- Contact Saralyn Rivera, Admission Associate at (843) 873-1643, ext. 2001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a tour or virtual appointment.
- Online Application: Complete the online application and submit the $75 application fee - CLICK HERE.
NOTE: Applications should only be submitted after a personalized tour, or at least an online inquiry, has been completed.
- Request and Review Unofficial Transcripts and Test Scores: The admission staff will request records on behalf of the applicant to review the student's complete prior year's records and current year-to-date records. Discipline and attendance records are also required. The admission staff may conduct additional testing if the records do not provide sufficient information, or if we need to re-assess a prospective student’s readiness.
- Schedule a Shadow Day: The Shadow Day is where a prospective student visits Pinewood in their current grade and “shadows” the class schedule and activities. He/she is paired with a student mentor to help them throughout the day.
- Admission Review: There is an Admission Review Committee (by division) that assesses each candidate. Admission to Pinewood is selective and is based on personal motivation and behavior, testing results, prior school records, shadow day, recommendations, and available openings. This process does take time and an admissions decision cannot be made until all the steps have been completed.
- Preschool and Kindergarten - Preschool and kindergarten eligibility is based on skill assessment that the admissions staff conducts, and by the teacher during his/her Shadow Day. It should be noted that records or a phone interview with a previous preschool are also a part of the process at this grade level.
Once your child is admitted, to secure your spot, you must return the required Enrollment Contract and the $675 New Student Fee ($150 for Pre-K3).
Pinewood does have need-based financial aid for families that qualify. CLICK HERE to get more information. The admissions process is separate from the financial aid process.